For the third straight game, the Los Angeles Lakers not only lost, they were blown out, this time by the Minnesota Timberwolves.
It happened by virtue of the same tired formula: Lakers fall behind big early, they make a run to make things seem semi-competitive, but they don’t have enough juice to make the final score look respectable.
Karl-Anthony Towns and the Timberwolves routed LA on Wednesday, 124-104, and it was ugly.
The Lakers shot 10-of-45 from 3-point range, and none of their main rotation players had even a passable night offensively.
Once again, the NBA community on Twitter let its disgust for the Lakers be known. At this point, it’s becoming more sad than funny, as many figured the Lakers would be looking like championship contenders by this point of the season.
Lakers got blew out again lol. Just end it… they don’t deserve the play-in either
– College Graduate (@Larry_daLegend) March 17, 2022
I hate the Clippers but they got Staples Center (refuse to call it Crypto Arena) rockin way more than the Lakers have this entire season
– Mamba 🏀😈 (@ drewsym7) March 17, 2022
Get Westbrick off the damn team
– McLOVIN (@rastaMcLOVIN) March 17, 2022
Just cancel the rest of the Lakers games.
– SHANI 🇹🇹 (@Darkkandlovely_) March 17, 2022
You will NEVER see a lazier LAKERS team than this one…. Add in LeBron thinking he gets fouled on every play… .😳
– Dennis Gregovich (@ GregoDaGr8) March 17, 2022
This why the Lakers struggling even more… Westbrook is not a spot up shooter. Never have and more than likely never will be. So to use this as the offense when you literally left him open every play against the Rockets is crazy 😂 just stop https://t.co/VezZ1erXCf
– More Life 🙏🏽 (@pj_iykyk) March 17, 2022
Lakers are plain out embarrassing this year
– Kammie💕 (@KillaKims) March 17, 2022
I just smashed my 4K TV in front of 30 guests at my cocktail party because of the Lakers performance tonight. My wife took out crying kids and said they’ll be spending all night in a motel. This team has ruined my life and party. Goodbye Lakers nation, I can’t do this any longer.
– 6’0 mexican 💯 (@bglupe_) March 17, 2022
Someone said “Russ ain’t did nothing all season, the Lakers just using him to launder 40 million”… 😂😭😭
– Shad, Not Chad (@Shad_HeadHancho) March 17, 2022
Just forfeit the rest of the season and get rid of all of those bums. Right your wrongs.
– iGotKickz (@kickzcharmer) March 17, 2022
THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS CYCLE OF UNDERACHIEVING:
1. Go after a player who is coming off a solid season
2. The player struggles with the Lakers
3. The player gets traded or leaves in free agency to a new team
4. He plays better on his new team https://t.co/8L8PiXT4UL
– Alec 🇺🇦 (@ AlecNava19) March 17, 2022