Just like every other NFL fan base, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers faithful have forged a tight bond with their beloved franchise.
Over the years, Bucs fans have endured some of the worst stretches of futility in all of professional sports, from the infamous 0-26 start to decades-long playoff droughts.
But while the valleys for Tampa Bay supporters have been deep, so have the peaks, including two Super Bowl victories, and a long list of iconic moments that will live forever in the hearts and minds of those who cheer the team on every Sunday.
We asked those fans to share their favorite personal memories and moments in franchise history, and they did not disappoint:
2010, after a 3-13 season, the Bucs go 10-6, beating the Saints 23-13 to finish the season.
I just remember being with my dad and being SO excited to go to the playoffs! We thought for sure we would make it to the playoffs, we obviously didn’t.
But it is my favorite memory.
– Estanislao (@TanisGonzales) June 17, 2022
I have been a fan for 25 years and there are so many, but Winfield throwing the allis all time for us Bucs fans who have been on the opposite end of winning for so long.
– Dayle B Runner II (@ DBuc89) June 17, 2022
There have been dozens. Super Bowl 55 was the greatest day of my life.
But an under the radar one, Michael Spurlock’s kickoff return was pretty amazing. Never heard Rayjay that loud.
– RarelyEvenn (@RarelyEvenn) June 16, 2022
1. Round pik6 vs Philly. 2. Mr C invites Leeman to his own firing. 3. Brady boat parade. 4. First playoff win over Eagles, 5. Beating Lions to clinch Central, greeted by 1000s at Bucs Place. 6. Dungy firing 7. Ending 0-26 at NO. 8. Parcells leaves Mr C at altar. 9. LeeRoy HOF.
– rmayer (@ rmayer2361) June 16, 2022
Being able to share the first NFL game my girlfriend now wife watched be the BUCS win SB37 that was some special stuff for me!
– Joshua Garner @ 🇳🇱 🇬🇧 @ (@ chefgarner1) June 17, 2022
Our first Super Bowl win
– Drew Carlson (@ DrewCarls0n) June 16, 2022
Celebrating the NFCC and XXXVII with my parents and family and friends when I was 14 and getting to celebrate LV with my wife and kids and some of the same family friends that were there in 03. That’s what it’s all about right? The Welcome Home party at RJS in 03 was also amazing
– Brian Dorry (@BDorryXXXVII) June 16, 2022
During the Super Bowl run in 2003, I was living in Tampa and my whole neighborhood went nuts after we beat the Eagles and Raiders. I was 12 and I loved that everyone celebrated together. People were setting off fireworks, slamming pans together, honking their horns, yelling, etc.
– Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) June 16, 2022
Ronde’s pick to shut down the vet in the 2002 NFC title game.
Scottie Miller TD before halftime against the Packers in the NFC title game.
Seeing Mike Evans and LaVonte celebrate a superbowl victory.
– Jonathan Stutzman (@dustdancestoo) June 16, 2022
I was living in NYC when hurricane sandy hit. My apartment had to be evacuated because a construction crane was damaged and hanging over it. That Sunday was the Doug Martin 251 yard game. I was so pissed about the evacuation but that performance made me forget it for a little bit
– Ray Grange (@RayGrange) June 16, 2022
When Bucs won their 1st Super Bowl! The pick 6 Brooks got !!
– Lloyd James (@ LloydJames15) June 16, 2022
Was at the Alstott 2 point conversion game. Santana moss and Joey Galloway were ridiculous that game and then the game winning 2 point conversion.
– Nathan Powell (@NPowellFF) June 16, 2022
Lavonte’s 3rd down sack of Heinike in the wild card game.
– Ben 10 (@ Axilrh0n) June 16, 2022
There are so many…
“You go Joe” catch and Run
Scooter TD against the Packers
The Saints opener shootout game
First Kick return
I’d come up with a whole new list tomorrow 😆
My Bucs 🔥
– Bulls Unite (@CJTrivedi) June 17, 2022
Watching my son’s eyes well up with tears when they won the super bowl. He was only 2 for the first one. Love it
– AJ Segundo (@ G00N_AF) June 17, 2022
Its tough between
Ronde Closing the Vet and Antoine putting up the Duces against Tyreek in the SB
– Andrew Hill (@ s0viet_afr0) June 16, 2022
1. Taking my daughter to Ray Jay in 2010.
2. Ronde’s 200th consecutive start game in person!
3. Watching us win the Super Bowl with my daughter!
– Future USM Guard Dad (@Capt_Ingenuity) June 16, 2022
Ronde, but no one talks about how sweet Derrick Brooks pick six was to put the nail in the coffin in the super bowl.
– Rory Cohen (@ Tampa2Coach) June 16, 2022
First Super Bowl win. Watched it in Basic training barracks just before graduation week started.
– Christopher (@ csh310psk) June 16, 2022
1) Round Interception. 1B Neil odonahue fg in pouring down rain 1979
– Chris Black (@ cblack81465) June 16, 2022
I was at Lambeau for the Blount TD rumble!
– Benji (@captiveiowan) June 16, 2022
Being at Ray Jay when Spurlock broke the curse
– Andrew Jordan (@ SlytherinIdiot7) June 16, 2022
Is and will always be Barber putting the dagger in vs Philly.
– CaptainRenault (@renault_captain) June 16, 2022
Scotty Miller before halftime in the nfc championship
– Tim Brady Revenge Tour (@DoyleChandler) June 16, 2022
Shaun King and Warrick Dunn vs Rams MNF
– The Dude (@vic_robertson) June 16, 2022
Round closing down the Vet.
– Nick Bowes (@ chefnick80) June 16, 2022
Ronde (every Bucs fan knows what I’m saying)
– Go Bucs (@BucandCannons) June 16, 2022
Too many to list so I will say one not a lot of people might say, Matt Bryant kicking the GW 62 yard FG against Philly
– Chris (@ bigtampachris05) June 16, 2022
Round shutting down the vet.
– Joshua Rinard (@JoshuaRinard) June 17, 2022
Luke, this is easy. I have been a Bucs fan since the early 80s and I started crying when Scotty caught the perfect pass from Tom in GB. All the losing went away with that one play.
– i have witnessed 2 Superbowl wins (@DabadassLee) June 16, 2022
Brady hoisting the Lombardi in RJS.
We got to watch the Undisputed GOAT win a Super Bowl for our team. I don’t think people appreciate enough how cool and special that is.
The best player in the history of the sport is one of our own.
– Matt Broo (@MBrooESQ) June 16, 2022
Watching Ronde’s Int return TD in Philly!
– Tobias Starke (@ tst1860) June 16, 2022